Monday, November 24, 2008

Shopper Delight: November Edition

I realize I got a little behind in updating you on the glorious items (and creatures) for sale in our local shopper. I also realize how thoroughly I have disappointed you through my negligence. Therefore, I bring you the latest round of delights.

September 22
FOR SALE: Puzzles, that are already put together, mounted on paneling to be frames as pictures

I don't even know where to begin! I could comment on the person's grammar. I could comment on the editors editing. I think I'll just leave it at that. Ah, redneck decorating at its best. How could anyone resist perfectly matted puzzle art? I hope it's "Dogs Playing Poker!"

NOTICE: Will the people who sold the wooden picnic table at the yard sale, please call me. I can't find your house to pick it up.

Umm, it was bought at the yard sale? How could you not figure out where you bought something? This might indicate some sort of yard sale addiction. Stop. Seek therapy.

September 29
FOR SALE: Rabbit pen, 6 ft. tall, x 81/2 ft. wide with closed in section, $50. Also for Free 2 female rabbits to person buying pen. For pets.

What a bonus! Buy a pen and get 2 free pet rabbits foisted on you!

FOR SALE: I have a perfect gift for the wife who is hard to buy for: a new 2000 psi pressure washer, gas operated, $200; 1/2" electric impact wrench, $100; six piece 18 volt, cordless drill tool set, $125; new 2000 watt 12 hp, 4 cycle generator, two 110s, one 220 AC outlet, $625; 10x10 pop up canopies, $65 each; 12x12 pop up canopies, $80 each; 19.2 volt, cordless, 3 piece tool set, $115; new Falcon 110 Four Wheeler, $850; 1990 Chevrolet pickup truck, cold air, everything works, $2895 obo, also 25" remote control TV, console, floor model, $80.

Hmmm. I have no idea what half this crap actually is, but I'm pretty sure I can't wear any of it. I'm also positive that very few women would be thrilled to open one of these "fine" items on Christmas Day. Therefore, I'm positive this man is divorced and bitter because if any man actual does buy his wife this these things, he's going to end up divorced and bitter.

October 6
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Jesus yard signs. They will be white with red letters size 18x24, the cost will be $10 per sign.

Sigh. No comment.

October 20
FOR SALE: pair of snake chaps, husky size, $30.

Ahhh!! The involuntary image emblazoned on my brain! Get it out of my head!

FOR SALE: '02 Kawasaki four wheeler 250, front and back racks, new gun rack, new tires, runs great, $1650.

Is there anything that doesn't come with a gun rack on it down here? I'm fairly certain if I designed a baby carriage with a gun rack, it would be a #1 seller.

FOR SALE: American Racing pigeon union, registered Homing Pigeons, a wonderful sport or hobby for the young and old, $25 per pair.

Yes! They're back! I didn't miss my chance! So, how exactly is a pigeon a wonderful sport or hobby? If I can train it like my future miniature donkey, I'm in!

November 3
FOR SALE: Kiddie train, 6 cars, easily pulled with lawn mower, golf cart or four wheeler, used as a Kiddie ride in Festivals, birthdays, etc., asking $75 each car or all for $400.

I so wanted this! Who would not want their very own miniature train! I could load the cat, dogs, miniature donkey (wait, still don't have one) and Jeremy all onto it and pull them around town with my golf cart (wait, still don't have one)! Once again, Jeremy did not think this was a good investment. He seems to think things like getting heat in the house are more important. Such a party pooper!

REWARD OFFERED: For information leading to the recovery of a green, Easy Go gas golf cart, stolen from Benhamin H. Hill Drive on Friday night.

It wasn't me!!!!

November 10
NOTICE: To the person who took the book out of my camper, please return it. I have you on surveilance camera, if not immediately returned, I will turn it over to the Sheriff's Dept.

I hate it when I'm camping and someone steals my . . . book. I'd hate to see what he'd do if someone stole something of value. That's probably when the AK-47 and Rambo headband come out.

PUBLIC NOTICE: Because of the number of incidents involving guns, alcohol and abuse of the Rochelle Community Center, the Rochelle City Council is considering banning all parties from the community center.

I never get invited to the good parties!





No comments: