Thursday, November 13, 2008

Golf Carts and Miniature Donkeys

There are very few things that I want, but since moving here, two things I feel I must have are a golf cart and some miniature donkeys. Yet, Jeremy persists in denying me these few things that could mean my complete happiness, and I have no idea why!

First, there is the golf cart. I admit, I have golf cart envy. You see, there's a town law that makes it legal, as long as you pay the $10 registration fee each year, to drive your golf carts along the sides of the streets. All year long, I watch people zip about town in their golf carts, running quick errands, running over to friend's houses, or just out for a little cruise. I want my own golf cart! I keep watching the shopper, but there have not been many used ones for sale that fit my budget (which is pretty much nil). Occasionally, I'll get excited because someone will be selling a go-cart or a dune buggy for cheap, but then Jeremy reminds me that the law only applies to golf carts, and I'm back at square one again. Jeremy even asked me what I would do with a golf cart anyway. I'd drive it around town of course! So, there really isn't that much "need" for a golf cart, but I so want one!

In fact, I have even been weighing my golf cart options. So far, this red beauty with flames is my favorite! Plus, you can even add different options--a stereo, cd player, ipod docking station, speakers, lockable glove compartment, and beautiful chrome bumper! I'm restraining myself right now and not posting all the different pictures of the option items, as I realize not everyone probably shares my enthusiasm over golf carts. While Jeremy just sighs every time I bring up golf carts, I did get him to admit it would be pretty fun to cruise around town in one. Maybe I'll wear him down on this one yet. Unfortunately, I think the particular model I have chosen costs much more than my current vehicle, so unless I can drive it to work (roughly 40 miles one way), I think it might be out of the question.

I'm also still working on him about the miniature donkeys too. Unfortunately for him, I just discovered that they are a herd animal, so we would actually need to get 2 rather than 1 so they can keep each other company. According to Jeremy, donkeys are just mean. He cites his boss's "problem" as an example. His boss, Brian, has a donkey in his yard, and the donkey won't let him leave for work in the morning until Brian gives him a carrot. Jeremy believes this shows just how mean donkeys are. I believe it's just a loving pet wanting to say good morning! Even an add in this week's local shopper that had two donkeys for sale said that they make wonderful pets. Now who's more accurate? Jeremy or the local shopper?

And I'm not even asking for full-sized donkeys, but the miniature ones. I mean, how could you not want a few of these! Just look at them! They are the cutest things ever, so tiny and fluffy. Of course, Jeremy had to ask what I would do with them. I would train them, obviously. They could fetch the mail, do certain tricks--maybe I could even start a traveling donkey show and showcase all the neat tricks they can do. (If anyone has any ideas for neat donkey tricks, let me know. I really haven't come up with any, but having a few in mind might strengthen my argument). As usual Jeremy just shook his head. I think I might have been swaying him a little on the donkey issue--that was until he asked where we would keep them. I told Jeremy I have the perfect spot for them already. Our downstairs hallway. It's huge! I've provided an arial view for your own inspection, but as you can see, we could easily house 2, if not more, miniature donkeys in that thing. But no, Jeremy is also denying me the miniature donkey happiness too.

But I'm okay for now. I might have found a new source of happiness--one that's even more useless and unneccesary than golf carts and miniature donkeys. Fainting goats. . .

No comments: