Monday, June 11, 2007

The Grocery Store

I think I've become an express lane nazi. I find myself counting the # of items people have in the express lane because, more often than not, they have twice as many as they should. In the meantime, I am stuck with my two little items, waiting for them to check out 30. Is it wrong of me to think that they should rot in hell? Okay, that's a bit extreme, but I actually will put items back if I want to go through the express lane and have even 1 over! I just have this overwhelmingly guilty feeling if I try to sneak that one extra item through. This is apparently not the case with most people!

Also, I have discovered another pet peeve. Why can't people push their shopping carts nicely into the stalls in the parking lot when they leave? It really doesn't take that much time to snugly fit your cart into the preceding cart in the stall. Instead, carts end up randomly spilling into the parking lot, and then people complain when the carts meander into other parking places and/or cars.

On the other hand, I often wonder what people think when they are stuck in line watching you put your items onto the belt to check out. I had to laugh at the expression on the person's face behind me the other day. We drink a lot of different beverages, most of which we were out of. So my purchases included: Mt. Dew, Diet Dr. Pepper, Orange Juice, Milk, 1 case of Coors Light (for Jeremy), a 6 pack each of Guiness, Harps, Bass, and Hoegarden (I wasn't sure what beer I was in the mood for), two bottles of red wine, two frozen pizzas, and some fat free bologna. Yes, the liquid diet for me!

No comments: